- Place of origin:
- Museum number:
- Gallery location:
Place of Origin
Object history note
This photograph is part of a group of topographical photographs bought by the museum from Messrs E. Parsons & Sons in 1897, which, according to departmental records, formerly belonged to Dr. J.H. Middleton. It Is likely that the Dr. J.H. Middleton referred to is Dr.John Henry Middleton, who was Director of the art collections at the South Kensington Museum from 1892 until his death in 1896, and who travelled widely in the 1870's and 1880's.
Photograph of Cairo, the Tombs of the Mamluk Caliphs
Prints, Drawings & Paintings Collection