Terms and Conditions
- By clicking 'download image now' on the download page you agree to the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement. By using high resolution images for the permitted uses, you are bound by the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement.
- High resolution images may be cropped but not changed in any way without permission from our image licensing team, V&A Images.
- Where the number of high resolution images being used exceeds 25% of the total number of images used in your publication or project, please contact our image licensing team, V&A Images for permission.
- If you are not sure if you are allowed to use the high resolution images under this Agreement, please contact our image licensing team, V&A Images.
- The V&A keeps electronic records of high resolution images downloaded. In the event of any identified breach of these Terms and Conditions of use, the V&A or its associated companies may take appropriate action to constrain further use and/or seek financial recompense.
- The credit line © Victoria and Albert Museum, London must accompany all use of all images downloaded from Search the Collections.
- The V&A name may not be used to suggest any endorsement or approval by the V&A of your publication or project. You will need to sure that the high resolution images are correctly credited and where the V&A makes known the author and/or title of the high resolution images, you will identify the author and/or title when using the high resolution images.
- While the V&A has attempted to identify Third Party Content that is available on the Search the Collections pages and to secure permission for its use on the terms of this Agreement, the V&A can give no warranty that this has been done in every case. It is your responsibility to secure any permission or consent required for your use of any Third Party Content.
- The permission granted in this Agreement is personal to you, and your image download may not be used by any third party.
- Whilst the V&A takes reasonable care in the performance of this agreement, the V&A is not liable for any loss or damage suffered by you or any third party arising from use or reproduction of any of the high resolution images or its caption.
- If you do not follow the terms of this Agreement, then the V&A may take such steps as are necessary to enforce its rights in respect of such breach. No failure by the V&A to exercise or enforce any of its rights under this agreement will be deemed to be a waiver of such rights or a bar to their exercise or enforcement in future.
- The V&A will keep a record of any information you provide about yourself and your download for rights management and enforcement purposes but, except for such purposes, will not provide that information to any third party and will otherwise comply with data protection legislation.
- This Agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
In this Agreement the terms defined in 'Definitions', have the meanings given there.
Agreement - means the Agreement permitting use of high resolution images under the Terms and Conditions of this agreement.
Copyright Legislation - means the UK Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended and revised.
Credit - means © Victoria and Albert Museum, London and any other attribution statement as specified by the V&A.
Downloading - means your download of high resolution images selected by you.
Educational Establishment - means bodies and institutions engaged in the provision of support of education, learning, teaching and research, or any combination of them.
High resolution images - means up to 2500 pixels along the longest side of the image (300 dpi), and of a printing quality up to A5 in size.
Low Resolution Images - means up to and including 768 pixels along the longest side (72 dpi).
Maximum Print-Run - means up to and including 4,000 copies.
Maximum Term - means up to 3 calendar years from first publication.
Non-Commercial - means any use that is not intended for or directed toward commercial advantage or private monetary compensation.
Personal Use - means the use of a single copy of each image by one person for Non-Commercial research or private study purposes.
Search the Collections - means only those specific internet pages titled 'Search the Collections' available from the V&A's website, http://collections.vam.ac.uk
Size Restriction - means reproduction up to size A5 (2500 pixels along the longest side, 300 dots per inch (dpi).
Third Party Content - means any high resolution images or any part of any high resolution images in which a third party owns intellectual property rights.
V&A - means the Board of Trustees of the Victoria and Albert Museum, London as identified in the agreement.