Terms & conditions for high resolution images
You may order up to 30 high resolution images at a time to be sent to your computer. You will be sent an email message to inform you when they are ready to be downloaded.
You need to register your email address with us and set up an account before you can order images.
You will need to agree to the following Terms & Conditions each time you order images.
TERMS & CONDITIONS for Use of High resolution Images
The V&A has made every effort to identify copyright holders of objects and to obtain permission to include images on the website. Any omissions are entirely unintentional and we will endeavour to rectify these if notified.
For your convenience we have highlighted here some of the Terms and Conditions you should pay particular attention to. Please read the full version before downloading the selected images.
Licence to use images from the V&A's Search the Collections
Free high resolution image download is determined by usage rather than user. A non-exclusive licence is granted to use the selected material free of charge, and registered users may download high resolution images for the stated purpose which must conform to those listed below.
- Academic/educational/scholarly publications
- Scholarly journals
- Student theses
- Private study and research
- Critical editorial use
- Charity, Society and Trust Newsletters
Conditional upon meeting all the following Terms:
- Print-run under 4,000.
- One-time use.
- Inside publication use only i.e. not for book jackets or cover pages.
- Reproduction of images up to A5 size only.
- All images must be credited as follows: © Victoria and Albert Museum, London.
- No copyright or proprietary right is conveyed with the use of any image downloaded from this site.
- Images may not be passed on for third-party use.
- Images may not be used on any electronic media.
- Images may be cropped but not changed or manipulated in any way without written permission from V&A Images.
- Where the number of images to be reproduced exceeds 25% of the total number of illustrations used in the Licensed Material, V&A Images must be notified in advance.
The V&A retains electronic records of images downloaded; in the event of any identified breach of these terms and conditions of use, the V&A or its associated companies may take any appropriate action to constrain further use and/or seek financial recompense.
If you wish to make copies of any images for use in any commercial publications, in any academic publications of more than 4,000 copies, or in any television or video, multimedia, website or any other electronic media you must obtain a licence from the V&A. To obtain permission for these or any other usages (or if you would like further guidance on image licences) please contact:
Victoria and Albert Museum
London SW7 2RL
If you wish to use an image in a commercial situation or if you have any queries regarding licensing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you find some images on this facility but others that you require are only available through V&A Images you will be charged a handling fee, and also for any material costs involved, e.g. prints or new photography and delivery fees. Permission fees will be charged in relation to the usage of the images as determined by our staff.